Skip Navigation
Skip to contents

JKSCT : Journal of The Korean Society of Clinical Toxicology

OPEN ACCESS
SEARCH
Search

Articles

Page Path
HOME > J Korean Soc Clin Toxicol > Volume 3(1); 2005 > Article
Death after Ingestion of MCPP -A Case Report-
Byung Hak So, Won Jae Lee, Byoung Yong Shim, Hoon-Kyo Kim, Chi Hong Kim
Journal of The Korean Society of Clinical Toxicology 2005;3(1):45-47
DOI: https://doi.org/
Published online: June 30, 2005
  • 93 Views
  • 0 Download
  • 0 Crossref
  • 0 Scopus
1Department of Emergency Medicine, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea
2Department of Emergency Medicine, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea
3Department of Emergency Medicine, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea
4Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea
5Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea

MCPP (2-(2-methyl-4-chlorophenoxy)propionic acid; mecoprop), a hormonal weedkiller has been widely used. Although chronic exposure is generally considered to be mildly toxic to man, acute intoxication can be severe and should thus be taken seriously. We report the case of a patient who died after ingestion of MCPP. A 64-year-old man ingested about 400 ml of $50\%$ MCPP solution. He was stuporous and had an inadequate respiration. He had an hypotension which did not respond to vasopressors and died about twelve hours after ingestion.

Related articles

JKSCT : Journal of The Korean Society of Clinical Toxicology